RESIDENTIAL HOME SPECIALISING IN DEMENTIA.
Our philosophy of care at Phoenix House is to provide a family orientated home, where residents feel safe and loved in a relaxed and happy atmosphere.
Residents are in ‘their’ home
It must be made to feel like ‘home’
• Provide unconditional positive support
• Understand the impact of their losses
• Keep it simple
• Offer stability – provide consistency
• Highlight capabilities – provide opportunities to experience success
• Understand behaviour as communication
• Walk in their shoes – what would ‘I’ want? need? feel?
• Help the person preserve control – offer manageable choices
• Help the person retain or recover confidence in themselves and their ability
• Flexible, creative and compassionate approaches
• Know the person – ‘their’ UNIQUE HISTORY – ‘their’ UNIQUE NEEDS
Our goals of care-giving are to:
• Give support to enable the person to function maximally, maintain personal identity, experience pleasure and promote sense of dignity.
• To strive to make the care-giving experience meaningful and fulfilling for the care-giver.
Phoenix House has developed a set of clear working policies, which have been implemented to ensure that residents receive the optimum quality of care and can lead a worry-free life. All policies relating to the operation of Phoenix House are readily available for inspection.